So who the heck is this rad dude?
You can call me John (my birth name) – or any one of my internet pseudonyms: TheHunterGT – HunterGT – Supreme Commander Overlord…they all work just fine.
How did I get my start metal detecting?
It all started in 2014 while laid up in the hospital. Doctors found a blood clot issue that required 9 surgeries – 14 stents – all in 8 months time. There was not much to do during recovery. Basically just kick back, give the nurses a hard time, and watch videos on YouTube. One day, while sipping my hospital margarita, I came across a few metal detecting and gold prospecting videos. That “where the heck has this been all of my life” feeling set in right away. Get me out of this hospital, I want to go metal detecting!
In January of 2015, I bought my very first metal detector – a Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger off of Craigslist. Not long after that, my very first sluice box and gold pans. Metal detecting AND gold fever! I was hooked.
What got you started on YouTube?
I’ve always been a tech nerd who was into computers, audio equipment, video equipment…etc. So I decided to just jump right in and start pumping out YouTube videos of my very own. A few more videos – sponsors – supporters and haters – and here we are today! A NoktaMakro dealer – 7000+ subs – live streams. It’s bonkers.
Some more random facts to get to know me a little better…
- Born: California
- Age: 44
- Children: Two teenagers
- College: Networking, IT, Graphic Design, Web Dev.
- Favorite Color: Black (or grey)
- Breakfast: Lucky Charms
- Lunch: Turkey Club Sandwich
- Dinner: BBQ (ribs – chicken – steak – burgers – brats)
- Music Tastes: Metal – Techno – Classical – Opera
- Favorite Movie: Casino
- Favorite TV Shows: Peaky Blinders – Deadwood – The Boys
- Book: Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman
- Favorite Detector: Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
- Favorite Find: 1840’s French Centime
- Favorite Type of Detecting: Parks and Schools – Gold Prospecting – Relic Hunting – Beach Hunting…in that order!
- Gaming: PlayStation 4 and Gaming PC (Ryzen/Nvidia build)
- Favorite Games: iRacing – Project Cars 2 – Gran Turismo Sport – ARMA 3 – StarCraft 2 – Battlefield 2-3-4-5 – PUBG…many others.