Bell Trading post ring
I went out to the old country camp - parking lot that I have spent a lot of time at this last summer. First thing the caretaker asked me to hunt around the house for his lost wedding ring. Mostly in the shade of the house the ground was froze there and no good signal to be found.
  Having found a nice bit of silver there in the past I set the F19 up to coin shoot. The first line I walked was one I have taken before and I get two wheat pennies nice and strong. Next there is a faint 82 signal at 6+ inches and wow a nice little silver ring. The F19 really locked onto it. The hallmark is from the Bell Trading Post that operated from 1932-1969. This is the second ring from the same trading post for me, and I put a picture of the larger first ring in a picture. Two more wheat pennies and the sun was low so I pack up .
  At the end of the lane I stopped to check around the gate in the mud and rocks for the other ring, and my eyes saw it just as I was swinging over it, and I was able to return it.  I was glad to be able to help out the people kind enough to let me hunt there all year.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

The following 5 users Like FunGus's post:
  • Coldnosed, Dogjello, Neodetectorist, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
That's pretty damn cool FunGus! Always cool to return something. Sounds like your dialed in on those rings, some guys pick up 10-15 a day on the beaches, I'm lucky to find one a year hunting old yards, homesteads, and fields.
Saving history one signal at a time with :
Fisher F70, F44 & The F-PULSE
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Teknetics Liberator
The following 1 user Likes JConis's post:
  • oldtimerocker52
(12-23-2018, 01:06 AM)FunGus Wrote: I went out to the old country camp - parking lot that I have spent a lot of time at this last summer. First thing the caretaker asked me to hunt around the house for his lost wedding ring. Mostly in the shade of the house the ground was froze there and no good signal to be found.
  Having found a nice bit of silver there in the past I set the F19 up to coin shoot. The first line I walked was one I have taken before and I get two wheat pennies nice and strong. Next there is a faint 82 signal at 6+ inches and wow a nice little silver ring. The F19 really locked onto it. The hallmark is from the Bell Trading Post that operated from 1932-1969. This is the second ring from the same trading post for me, and I put a picture of the larger first ring in a picture. Two more wheat pennies and the sun was low so I pack up .
  At the end of the lane I stopped to check around the gate in the mud and rocks for the other ring, and my eyes saw it just as I was swinging over it, and I was able to return it.  I was glad to be able to help out the people kind enough to let me hunt there all year.

Outstanding.  Smile
Bounty hunter land ranger pro/Garrett carrot
The following 1 user Likes Dogjello's post:
  • oldtimerocker52
(12-23-2018, 01:41 AM)JConis Wrote: That's pretty damn cool FunGus! Always cool to return something. Sounds like your dialed in on those rings, some guys pick up 10-15 a day on the beaches, I'm lucky to find one a year hunting old yards, homesteads, and fields.

A goal for next year is to have more discipline to dig the junk to find a gold ring.
 I really like the relic hunting where the targets are few enough to dig it all.
The following 2 users Like FunGus's post:
  • JConis, oldtimerocker52
wonderful finds for sure.
bounty hunter tracker 4 bounty hunter land ranger pro
That is wonderful that you found the ring.  Credit to the hobby man.  Rings are usually a really nice tight ID even at an angle or egde placement.  With the F19 having the killer ID it has...that ring never stood a chance!  Big Grin  Good job.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 2 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • Dogjello, oldtimerocker52
Beautiful Turquoise ring. It looks 70s era.
Fisher F2 with NEL Sharpshooter 9.5" DD Coil
Garrett AT Pro with stock DD coil