2nd Barber dime of the year

This last week has been brutally cold and though I tried to hunt a couple of times at lunch, I didnt last too long. People driving by probably thought I was a nut trying to detect in that weather. 
On Sunday, the weather warmed up enough to make it bearable to be out, so I decided to get out for a couple hours and do some detecting. I went back to the same one block section that I got permission on. I scored a 1906 barber dime, my second of the year and my second ever. In all, I found about 20 coins with most of them being newer class and zincs.
Teknetics T2+ w/ Cors Fortune
The following 6 users Like CDog25's post:
  • Coldnosed, Dogjello, DOUBLE D, FunGus, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
Barbers are really awesome coins. The worned ones show mileage and character.
Great Find
Fisher F2 with NEL Sharpshooter 9.5" DD Coil
Garrett AT Pro with stock DD coil
The following 2 users Like Neodetectorist's post:
  • DOUBLE D, oldtimerocker52
Nice man...very good job.  I have found his V nickel...but never the Barber quarter or dime.  Someday hopefully.  I have to come eat lunch with you!
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 2 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
(02-11-2019, 12:44 PM)Neodetectorist Wrote: Barbers are really awesome coins. The warned ones show mileage and character.
Great Find

Thanks Neo.  It doesn't matter if they are worn or not, there is nothing like flipping over a plug and seeing the edge of a silver coin.

This one is fairly worn, do you think that happened prior to being dropped or do you think that happened through years of being in the ground?

(02-11-2019, 04:37 PM)TheHunterGT Wrote: Nice man...very good job.  I have found his V nickel...but never the Barber quarter or dime.  Someday hopefully.  I have to come eat lunch with you!

Thanks Hunter.  I still haven't landed a barber quarter either but I have been lucky enough to check a barber half and, as of the last two weeks, a barber dime off of my list but the v nickel is killing me.
Teknetics T2+ w/ Cors Fortune
The following 1 user Likes CDog25's post:
  • DOUBLE D
i got a really worn 1905 barber dime and a vnickel but no silver higher in denomination than a dime. guess farmers just didn't forget it if they dropped a quarter they kept hunting till they recovered it. my theory anyway.
bounty hunter tracker 4 bounty hunter land ranger pro
The following 1 user Likes oldtimerocker52's post:
  • DOUBLE D
Coins that are worn were probably worn when dropped. I found a worn 1892 barber half that I really want to believe it was dropped in the 1800s but most likely dropped early 1900s. None the less, they are awesome to find.
Fisher F2 with NEL Sharpshooter 9.5" DD Coil
Garrett AT Pro with stock DD coil
The following 2 users Like Neodetectorist's post:
(02-11-2019, 11:57 AM)CDog25 Wrote: This last week has been brutally cold and though I tried to hunt a couple of times at lunch, I didnt last too long. People driving by probably thought I was a nut trying to detect in that weather. 
On Sunday, the weather warmed up enough to make it bearable to be out, so I decided to get out for a couple hours and do some detecting. I went back to the same one block section that I got permission on. I scored a 1906 barber dime, my second of the year and my second ever. In all, I found about 20 coins with most of them being newer class and zincs.

Very nice!! Barbers still elude me.
Bounty hunter land ranger pro/Garrett carrot
The following 2 users Like Dogjello's post:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1898 Barber dime & '50 Wheat JConis 13 3,024 10-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Last Post: JConis