Old Country School Day 1
Playing online I discovered a County Atlas from 1905 it shows where all the old schools were in the county. With a little flipping from the old map to Google maps I found the field where the school had stood. The landowner knew of the school and that vandal's had burned it a long time ago. He was doubtful that I would find much but was good enough to give me permission to hunt it.
   Day one was the day before Thanksgiving and would have to be a short hunt. I had my trusty Minuteman with me, set at 0 disc vol at 11 to hear the nails and power wide open on soybean stubble.  I dug a little this and that and a 80-90's and flipped out the B. Ward Beams World Champion Daredevils token. Almost as big as a 50 cent piece it made the day. A few feet away slamming a solid 95 was the C.D. Peacock Jewelers token. Established 1837   In 1900 Peacock Jewelers commissioned Gorham Co to strike Ten thousand tokens and here 118 years later I was holding one.  C.D. Peacock is still in business today in Chicago!  I added a pic of a nice example found online.

Stay tuned for day 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

The following 6 users Like FunGus's post:
  • Coldnosed, Dogjello, DOUBLE D, Indian head, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
I really like tokens, those are a couple of nice ones. Cool thing is your able to find some history, not always so with tokens.
Saving history one signal at a time with :
Fisher F70, F44 & The F-PULSE
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Teknetics Liberator
The following 3 users Like JConis's post:
  • DOUBLE D, FunGus, oldtimerocker52
That's fantastic man.  Tokens are always a neat find.  Especially when they are in good enough shape to Google some information from them.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 3 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • DOUBLE D, FunGus, oldtimerocker52
top notch detecting !  from research to the dig and back to the research.  GREAT FINDS
The following 2 users Like DOUBLE D's post:
  • FunGus, oldtimerocker52
tokens and dog tax tags are great finds
bounty hunter tracker 4 bounty hunter land ranger pro
The following 1 user Likes oldtimerocker52's post:
  • FunGus