Going big soon
I just pulled the trigger on a used NEL Storm coil that will work on my Tracker IV. I’m not looking for more depth. I’m wanting more coverage. I figure the 14” will basically make it almost as good as a clean sweep coil. A good ballfield cruising machine
Eurotek Pro, Land Ranger Pro, Time Ranger, Tracker IV 
White’s Classic III SL, White’s Classic ID, 
White’s Coinmaster Classic III
White’s Classic II SL
The following 5 users Like Dig-on's post:
  • Dogjello, DOUBLE D, GA_Boy, JConis, oldtimerocker52
Received the coil yesterday.  I tested it on the Tracker IV.  It is everything I expected.  Depth is maxed out at 4” in the air, but what a nice long coverage.  I was going to test it on my Time Ranger, but my adapter that I made went wonky on me.  Probably just a solder connection failed. I will probably order one from cors anyway.
White’s Classic II SL
The following 3 users Like Dig-on's post:
  • DOUBLE D, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
It should give more than 4 inches.  Perhaps the adapter was wonky during that test too?  I would think it would air test to 6-7 range like the stock coil.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 3 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • DOUBLE D, Jason, oldtimerocker52
(11-29-2018, 12:59 PM)TheHunterGT Wrote: It should give more than 4 inches.  Perhaps the adapter was wonky during that test too?  I would think it would air test to 6-7 range like the stock coil.

Mine doesn’t air test past 4.5 inches with the stock coil.  I might have a weak unit.  I have heard since they make so many, some are hotter than others.  I might have to make a 66 dollar investment at hobby lobby soon lol.
White’s Classic II SL
  • DOUBLE D, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
Homemade adapters can work. Reading your post I see you have several other detectors listed. If you own these. Have you tried your adapter on these ? And do you know what your NEL coil was designed for ?  Ultimately coils designed for specific detectors are the best choice to match up frequencies and pin layouts for the best performance. The Bounty Hunter models listed have limited available after market search coil offerings.   Mars MD offers coils requiring no adapter for BH detectors. There could be more.  Also the Teknetics Eurotek Pro has many search coil choices industry wide. Perhaps consider more research before doing anything else.
The following 1 user Likes DOUBLE D's post:
  • oldtimerocker52
(11-30-2018, 08:05 AM)DOUBLE D Wrote: Homemade adapters can work. Reading your post I see you have several other detectors listed. If you own these. Have you tried your adapter on these ? And do you know what your NEL coil was designed for ?  Ultimately coils designed for specific detectors are the best choice to match up frequencies and pin layouts for the best performance. The Bounty Hunter models listed have limited available after market search coil offerings.   Mars MD offers coils requiring no adapter for BH detectors. There could be more.  Also the Teknetics Eurotek Pro has many search coil choices industry wide. Perhaps consider more research before doing anything else.

The 2 adapters that I made allow me to use the Frat brothers coils on my Land Ranger Pro and The other way around.  My fault that I made them with wires that were too long.  This allowed too much flex, thus it caused a solder to fail.   
This NEL coil was made for the F2/F4, which is compatible to the Bounty Hunter Legacy machines as well as the Discovery 2200/3300 units.
I purchased it used from a dealer.  The price was too good to pass up (69 dollars)
Btw, I did try the coil on my Eurotek Pro with terrible results.  The same results as I get when I put a Tek coil on the older BH units.  
Thanks for all the advice.  My research has been thorough.  When I have any free cash in the future I will be purchasing a NEL or another manufacturer larger coil for my Eurotek Pro.  That machine seems to get me the most depth where I hunt.  Even over my Land Ranger Pro when ground balanced.
White’s Classic II SL
  • Dogjello, FunGus, oldtimerocker52
Received my adapter yesterday.  I was able to test the coil on my Time Ranger.  Recovery speed feels a little faster.  Could be my imagination.  Tones and VDI numbers were spot on.  Air tested a few inches better than stock coil.  Can’t wait to try it in the soil.   Very happy with this purchase.
White’s Classic II SL
The following 4 users Like Dig-on's post:
  • Dogjello, JConis, oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
(12-05-2018, 04:43 PM)Dig-on Wrote: Received my adapter yesterday.  I was able to test the coil on my Time Ranger.  Recovery speed feels a little faster.  Could be my imagination.  Tones and VDI numbers were spot on.  Air tested a few inches better than stock coil.  Can’t wait to try it in the soil.   Very happy with this purchase.

Good luck,keep us posted as to how it does.
Bounty hunter land ranger pro/Garrett carrot
The following 2 users Like Dogjello's post:
  • Dig-on, oldtimerocker52