Ultra 4” coil on Fisher F22/F44?
Has anyone tried it who has both?  I have been thinking about one of these machines in the future.  I love my 4” coils.
Eurotek Pro, Land Ranger Pro, Time Ranger, Tracker IV 
White’s Classic III SL, White’s Classic ID, 
White’s Coinmaster Classic III
White’s Classic II SL
The following 1 user Likes Dig-on's post:
  • oldtimerocker52
I have one for the F44....screw on weatherproof connection.  They sent me one before release to make a video with...but then never gave me the green light....but let me keep it. 

It works as expected...as well as it will on the LRP.   

If you don't mind me asking....you already have 2 other capable 7.7khz machines.   Why the F44 or F22?  Just the weatherproofing?
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 2 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • JConis, oldtimerocker52
(12-04-2018, 12:17 AM)TheHunterGT Wrote: I have one for the F44....screw on weatherproof connection.  They sent me one before release to make a video with...but then never gave me the green light....but let me keep it. 

It works as expected...as well as it will on the LRP.   

If you don't mind me asking....you already have 2 other capable 7.7khz machines.   Why the F44 or F22?  Just the weatherproofing?

It still boggles my mind why FT doesn’t promote the 4” coil on their machines.  It should be an accessory coil for every person in my opinion.

With the 6 machines I own, and one older one on the way to me, they all do something slightly different.  Maybe one or two small options, or different feel/weight.  Sometimes I like single tone vs. multiple tones.  There is never going to be one single machine in my stable of detectors.
The F22/44 has options that my others don’t have.  The ability to assign tones.  That interests me.  The backlight on the 44, that could be useful sometimes for me.  The weatherproof part doesn’t interest me much.  I’ve detected with all my machines in light rain/mist and it’s never been an issue.

Variety is the spice they say.  I have tried,  sold or traded a few machines in the past.  Those days are done for me.  I prefer to hold onto and learn all of them well now.

Btw, you need to make some more videos soon.  Also ask for a green light to show the 4” coil in use on the F44.  As far as I know, there are zero videos out there with that configuration.
Eurotek Pro, Land Ranger Pro, Time Ranger, Tracker IV 
White’s Classic III SL, White’s Classic ID, 
White’s Coinmaster Classic III
White’s Classic II SL
The following 2 users Like Dig-on's post:
  • oldtimerocker52, TheHunterGT
Cool deal...I was just wondering....not judging.  I have more detectors than any sane person would ever need...and probably always will.  

I have the green light now since they are selling it.  But you are correct...they do not promote it at all.  I guess they feel the 5in DD sells good enough.  I don't think many people know the Ultra-4 even exists.   They know about the old one for the 6.6khz machines...but not the new ones for the 7.7khz ones.

In fact...I'm not sure any dealer even carries it.  I think you still have to order directly from First Texas...but could be wrong.  

I must admit when I first unboxed it I thought it was a toy.  So small and tiny.  But it's built tough and gets good results.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Teknetics = T2 Classic - G2+ - Patriot - Liberator 
Fisher = F75+ 
Bounty Hunter = Land Ranger Pro - Tracker 4
The following 3 users Like TheHunterGT's post:
  • Dig-on, JConis, oldtimerocker52