Clarification appreciated from 'The Land of First Texas'.

Kick back and chat about whatever floats your boat. (Forum rules still apply)
Tim Kernowek 59

Yesterday, I met a local metal detectorist who made a statement that I hope someone in the U.S will be able to clarify. This guy has "Gone the whole hog", so he tells me, and , " Splashed out on a Nox 800 and top of the range Deus", after owning a T2 for a year. " Great man," I replied, "Have you heard that Fisher are talking about releasing two new machines this year? I'm really interested in the new single frequency, that is going to be both faster, as well as deeper, than the F75-T2 flag-ship machines." He replied that, " Fisher won't be because Fisher is owned by Teknetics: Fisher is Teknetics, and not really Fisher at all anymore". For me, as far as I am aware, First Texas is the 'Mother-Ship', so to say, and Fisher Labs, Bounty Hunter and Teknetics are her three respective 'siblings', as far as First Texas's interests in metal detector design and manufacture are concerned. Please could someone 'in the know' give clarification. It matters to me only insofar as I was puzzled by such information. Cheers All! :?: :)
ScoTTT2

First Texas is the mother ship, as you say.....if fisher was 'owned' by teknetics, one would think the T2 would have the bells and whistles of the f75, not the other way around.....I am far from in the know, but well read.

Also I find these brand wars comical...and have yet to be convinced that my machine is less capable than any other...in reality we are all looking for the same thing, more or less...am I missing some of these things or are other machines finding so much more as to justify my purchase....or do I need that machine because it is the latest heart throb?....still youtube is filled by people finding a ton of stuff with the ATPro.
TheHunterGT
Site Admin

Scott is correct. Fisher - Teknetics - Bounty Hunter...are all 3 under the First Texas Products umbrella. They are considered different companies as far as FTP is concerned, even if they do share research - knowledge - device parts. All 3 have their own "sections" within the company. Fisher does not own Teknetics....they are sister companies if anything.

As a dealer...I am all for brand wars. I for sure reap the rewards. After that...I grab my Fisher T2 and go detect...I mean Teknetics T2...sorry. 😎
ScoTTT2

no doubt, you sure have made the best of the brand wars.
Tim Kernowek 59

Thank you for providing the clarity. It was as I thought, yet it is usually better to ask those that reside in the land of the products in question, rather than rely on those residing in the 'cloud cukoo land' of bias and delusion. The person that offered the wrong info obviously has a propensity for speaking groudless dross ( FBS ). I guess that means that First Texas will not be bringing out a BounT275+ Ltd anytime soon. :D ;) ;) Cheers both
ScoTTT2

lol Tim