What's up at FT?

stopped over to the tekneticsdirect site and noticed that the T2+ is no longer listed, so I went over to the fisher site and notice a bunch of machines no longer available including the F19 and F70 ... wondering if this is just downsizing or the getting ready for something new or what ... I was actually looking for the release of the new 12" coil, which isn't mentioned anywhere, yet ... but those three machines seemed to be good sellers, I thought, at least with the F19, which was recently put in the hands of a bunch of youtubers ... the G2+ and patriot are still on the Tek site ... are the F70 and F19 now designated solely to the teknetics division ... should I wait for a new release to purchase a new detector (don't know how long of a wait that could be), buy a CZ-21 (still available) or be happy with the simplex as a water machine (it is a workable detector for what I use it for) or look somewhere else ... wishing FT would keep their customers abreast of what is going on ... as when I started I almost bought a tesoro, right before they closed ... I'd hate to dump a grand on a detector in what could be a liquidation sale.

• Like 1

• Administrators

They just moved into a new warehouse right before covid hit.  So I don't think they are downsizing.  They make plenty of money from their night vision (military and civilian) and circuit board printing they do for other companies. 

First Texas Products - Contract Electronics Manufacturer, ECM, SMT, Circuit Manufacturing > Home (ftpcircuits.com)

Night Vision Goggles, Thermal Weapon Sights, Night Vision Binoculars, Night Vision Accessories (nivisys.com)

They killed the F70 when the Patriot came out a few years back.  I never heard anything about killing the F19 - but it does indeed say that on the website.  Perhaps the G2+ and Time Ranger Pro are selling better.  Or perhaps they are making room for other F series named releases.  I mean it has to happen someday right?  They have been saying the new detectors will have cousins/siblings up and down the pricing scale etc...

No clue on the new 12 inch coil - they were supposed to send me one like 6 months back - have not heard anything since other than a picture at a trade show.

Also no clue on the T2+.  Seems odd to kill it being a new package that I thought sold decently.

I would personally wait on something new since you already have a Simplex.  The new NoktaMakro machine should be out by years end...getting close. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Thanks John, I'll take your advice on a new purchase and wait a bit.

The T2+ package was a great way for me to start into the hobby ... everything needed for one price and both machines about as good as it gets ... just hoping that FT is about to floor the metal detecting community with a wild and new machine like never before....as opposed to giving up on it or riding things out.

• Like 1

Yep, I'm most definitely going to continue to remain patient and await the new SF machine. God knows I've waited a 'brev ole while'. FT will not let us down as I'm sure they won't buck the trend to continue giving us quality tools. That new 12"er is for the new SF machine, so the wait may be nearing the finishing post just now.  More depth than a T2/75 and quicker than a 19/G2 may be the order of the day. As for the Impulse AQ 2, what an awesome tool it too will be, no doubts there either.  "Good things to those that wait, and  great things to those that are prepared to wait longest!"

• Like 1