Deus II

ScoTTT2

new release .. IP68 waterproof to 20 meters .. SMF 4-45khz .. bone conductive headphones/ wired .. or wireless headset .. 9 inch or 11 inch coil options .. they seem to have checked all the boxes with this one.

• Like 2

• Administrators

It looks pretty rad in my opinion.  Their website (linked) has a neat audio feature towards the bottom where you can listen to the tones.  You can make it sound like an Equinox...or the classic XP sound.  Should be similar weight and ergonomics of the Deus and Orx...and have the great speed and separation.  Seems to be a winner in my eyes.  Price rumor is $1500 to $1800 US...which gives me pause...but I hope they sell like hotcakes.

DEUS II Detectors | XP Metal Detectors

• Like 1

spacer.png

those 'bone conductive' head phones peek my interest .. do gamers have them already? .. and if so could this be the beginnings of a heads up display for metal detectors .. I could see a future where a detectorist is plugged in to his detector .. and not only get the notes from the machine but also get a sight report. .. no longer would a TID be needed but rather the size and shape and depth .. sent to a pair of glasses or face shield .. that along with the note and/or buzz/vibration of the phones would be real cool. .. and probably isn't that hard to accomplish with today's tech.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'm not aware of any gaming branded types.  I don't think they provide the entire soundscape and separation a gamer or audiophile person would want/need.  Be perfect for a detector where it is just an single audio report - even if modulated.  I could go for some high-tech glasses with a HUD that connected to the detector.  That would be rad.

• Like 1

spacer.png