Nokta SMF tunes.

Tim Kernowek 59

Scott's great 'heads up' re: NM SMF machine, comes as a welcome piece of news for sure. John and Scott will know I'm interested in this particular machine. Who cares it's name, but Nokta/Makro and the lucky two that'll receive a free all-singing, all dancing, SMF Flag-ship Rig ! Perhaps, in the light of the direct competitor, in it's respective class, in may turn out to be the Nokta Makro Suvla, or Sedd el Bahr. Who knows, at this stage? Time and much use will dictate as always. Doubtless it will perform, and hopefully lead a 'merry dance', but to what tunes?...Will they be significantly different from the some-what nasal 'goose in a noose' ones, or will they be 'all-new' ? I so hope they will err markedly from the 'Clangers'  tones, of Childrens BBC TV fame....what do you anticipate?  Efficiency: Ease of use ( relatively un-cluttered selections of operation), Ergonomical excellence, Un-rivalled durabilty, are the ways to go for me. ..Simple, strong and highly effective usually bodes well...Over to yous for your takes.

• Like 1

• Administrators

They can name it the Whirling Dervish for all I care...just keep the VCO and adjustable digital beeps.  I do NOT want Minelab flute tones or Garrett bell tones.  In defense of the Minelab tones...the low and high tones were good - it is the entire mid-tone range I dislike.

That being said - the Deus 2 engineer was a genius by copying the Nox tones...and also allowing the switch to normal Deus tones. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Brilliant John! 'The Whirling Dervish' is great craic for sure my friend! You had me laughing out loud with that one...your dry sense of humour tickles me. Yep, great VCO is a 'must have'. I know not of the adjustable beeps, but I'll take your word that they're a 'must' also.  One my distant relations got killed at Crimea. He was camping in the other valley at the time, and decided to pop over the hill  to see what all the noise and hoof-beats were about!

• Like 1