missed it

ScoTTT2

Same for me Scott. I did manage to get onto the chat line, and I left a message for Dilek to get a Legend sent to 'The Legend', that is THGT ( The Hunter GT), so that he can review it, and hence help boost their sales. My message successfully sent. Dilek was having trouble with her sound via her mic.  I watched the launch on YT : 'Nokta Makro Live Launch The Legend'..Treasure Terrain. The two price options are superb, I will say.

• Like 2

• Administrators

It was a choppy mess for most.  Chat was triple posting each comment as well.   Not sure why they didn't just use Facebook or YouTube instead of hosting it like they did.

The detector itself looked awesome - and is priced to sell.  It is about $100 lower then I though they would sell for.   

• Like 1

spacer.png

the price point seems perfect if hitting the minelab guys was a consideration ... not much more than the 540 vanquish, but less than the 600 Nox ... not sure a clock, or time tracking, or even the flash light is something I would use ... I don't use the light on the simplex ... and I don't care about the similarities to the Nox, even if it worked the exact same, the build quality is so much better ... almost no one using a Nox for any length of time hasn't already spent another buck fifty fixing the build.

• Like 2

yea...the name 'Legend' is kind of hard to be use to describe something not yet proven, best left for others to decide that moniker ... and the only place to go from there is 'Legend II'  or if there is a problem then maybe 'the ledge' would become a nickname ... but for someone set on buying their first SMF machine, this seems right now to be the best bang for the buck ... as long as performance is along side the others(minelab) ... the apex sales just about ended with this release, I would guess.

• Like 2

😀 Fair play Scott, 'The Ledge'. That tickled me. Aye, a 'short walk off a long drop', if it doesn't out-perform the 800 for actual finding ability...far more depth, being to overwhelming issue for most...I replied to your post re: the new FT 12DD, and added a wee bit on the Legend ,too. To be brutally honest the Simplex housing puts me off from the get-go, my friend......I also firmly believe that FT will bring out the better machine. FT have the pedigree, they have engineers 'par excellence', and they have a record of setting bench marks for others to wince about. FT don't 'spout off', they simply get on with things in their own fashion and invariably deliver superb tools...Scrimping here and there to out-do competitors sales pitches, "ain't their way," in my op. I'd rather pay extra for top quality every time, if possible.

• Like 2

the tech part has minelab in the lead .. present releases aside .. but the build quality at minelab is so hit and miss, you either hope you get a good one built on Tuesday or don't mind making friends with the guys at the repair shop .. nokta builds tanks .. so that's a trade off from the beginning .. and at least in my mind the tech needs to be close enough in performance, not actually better .. I'm guessing that a bunch of detectors are so close to the limit of physics that personal preference (brand loyalty) is mostly the better deciding factor in a purchase, followed closely by price .. I'm still trying to make the simplex into the something special it has been touted as since it's introduction, I try real hard .. and keep coming up with, "well it didn't cost a lot"   .... even with the most recent developments in detector tech we are still at a point where around 90% of the goods remain in the ground ... either masked or at a depth beyond detection or both. .. which is kind of a different take on all this (in my mind) .. my great new detector can now get 10% of the goodies. .. also meaning, my great new detector only misses 90% of the goodies. .. it's a better machine because your old tech detector is missing 91% of the goodies .. simply put, maybe not exact on the percentages but close enough to be a true statement .. you won't hear any of this coming from marketing.

I'm still hoping that FT is about to stun the detecting world (I was in on a conversation that has me worried) .. but right now I have my eye on the other American made company (not Garrett) .. I have put off any new purchase at least for a bit longer.

• Like 2

Yep, I go with most of your observations Scott. minelab has the SMF pedigree for sure, and Nokta Makro do build strong tools that perform very well indeed.  I stupidly wandered off at a tangent on my reply to you on your 'New Coil' topic..... A lot of the time the pain I suffer 'clouds me out' to some extent, and I have to type my thoughts 'there and then', or fore-go them. I have my morphine meds down to a bare minimum now, at last, as at one time I did not. I'm clear of my addiction to it, and I now control IT, however it is difficult for me to concentrate because although I have won my battle with the drug, I lose out to pain and the fatigue that comes with reduced amounts of it, especially as the day wears on. Not a whinge my friend,just a bloody pain 🙄. If you check out my reply on the 'New Coil' topic end I explain a bit better why I'd prefer Nokta Makro to have followed a slightly different 'take'. It's only my opinions, and as such they are irrelevant in as much as the 'Legend' is a finished article.  This forum is so good because I can speak freely without my opinions causing a furore. Like you, I hope FT 'nail it' with their SMF, however it is their new 'flag-ship' Single Frequency metal detector that I'm particularly interested in... A very fine SMF would be a 'treat' for me, however my criteria for buying one must really impress me. That's why I hope FT meet them. It's not 'brand loyalty' as such, simply what meets my needs, and FT machines really do.... A ruined shoulder and more especially my ruined fingers make FT a more sensible option operator friendly wise, apart from the obvious facts regarding their most excellent machines. ....I sure miss those lovely hot summer suns! Times past I longed for autumn and winter!

• Like 2

• Administrators

It's a stupid name...let's be honest.  😎  However, if it can be "close enough" to a Nox it will sell like crazy.  If by some miracle it can surpass a Nox in performance - it will be the most popular detector ever made and earn its name in short fashion.   I would be shocked if it had some sort of build quality issue with NoktaMakros track record.  If for some reason it did - I see them taking care of it quickly as they have some of the best customer service there is.  

I don't see it as a copy of the Nox as far as build, which is almost certain to be better.  Buttons are like Anfibio/Kruzer...not 80's microwave flat buttons like Nox has. The modes "Field,Park,Gold" have been used by other companies (especially Chinese) long before the Nox arrived.  The Deteknix Quest started the elongated housing style trend first...or it can be argued the XP Deus did.  The tones are the same unfortunately...they ditched the VCO and beeps for the flute tones of the Nox. 🤢  They call it polyphonic, but anybody with a music poly synth will argue otherwise. 

I am looking forward to the Deus 2 the most...it has me excited from its sound demo, looks, and expected performance.  High price is a limiting factor for many though.  If it does not trounce a Nox in performance, there is not much of a reason to own one past ergonomics - which is a tough sell alone.  

Like I said in the other post...I don't think we see a new FTP machine until 2023 or later.   Hope I am wrong, but the Impulse AQ is still not fully released.  It has been a slow painful launch in my opinion.  A disaster it could be argued.  I love the company and have a personal friend that works there...but that does not cloud the fact they are well behind in the race right now.  I am done holding my breath for anything new anytime soon.  When it finally comes it will be more of an "about time" feeling than anything else.  Their tight-lipped secretive nature doesn't help.  Even 1/10th of the transparency that NoktaMakro provides their customers would be something. /rant

• Like 2

spacer.png

Your evaluation of the Legend will be very interesting indeed  John, especially in the outdoor scenarios.. i hope FT surprise us sooner rather than too much later. I'd need to have a permission that held extensive Iron Age activity in millenia gone to make me need to shell out on either a Deus 2, or a CTX. one good Stater would pay for the machine: more would put me in good profit...Those machines are Serious tools..I don't see, hypothetically, the need for a Holland and Holland  Safari Rifle, when a really good Colt or S&W Long Gun will suffice. I'd be afraid of dropping it and putting an unsightly gouge in it's livery, so to speak.  I so hope that you remain brutal in your assessment of the Leg end. As you say, IF it can come up to scratch with Nox performance it'll be a tool. BuilD quality is a given I reckon.  Also great if the control buttons equal a Fib or Impact for sheer industrial grade class.

Edited by Tim Kernowek 59
the usual