new 12" DD

ScoTTT2

I had a try to see if the new FT 12"DD was on sale yet, but nothing doing this side of the Pond..... Mind you, by the time they hit the U.K it'll be 2023/4! ..It certainly seems to 'tick some boxes' though. I so hope that FT bring out their new SF machine along with their SMF, and not months afterwards...I firmly believe that the FT machines will be the dog's ########. That Nokta SMF in the Simplex housing?? For me? Nah.... it'd be  more user friendly in a Anfibio/Impact... housing, not to mention aesthetically more pleasing, especially for it's 'Flag-ship' branding!...The Fibs and Impact's  control boxes exude that, 'Flag-ship/Professional Grade lay-out, in my op.. John really complimented the Anfibio/Impact qualities of positive control button operation, as well as their control panel  lay-outs, in his comprehensive reviews of them, respectively. He emphasised his pleasure when using the buttons in particular, but I don't recall him being As complimentary with the Simplex control layout or it's soft-feel control buttons etc. I suffer a wee bit with 'white-finger', from years of gruntin' on Holman Silver 303's etc ;  I've tried my 'bro' Paul's Simplex and wasn't impressed with the compressed button lay-out or the spongy-soft  contact 'feel' of the buttons...yuk. The Anfibio buttons 'engage' a lot better; are more 'meaty', if you will; more of a positive, 'industrial strength/quality' of action.....You and John'll define what I mean better...Sometimes my explanations can be as clumsy as my fingers. A Deus would be a waste of money and is a non-starter for me ( fiddly squint-eye thangs)... As far as it's, Nokta/Makro, 'Legend' tag?.... Bit  presumptious?..'aggressive' even? Mind you, the Turk goes down in history as 'less than cuddly' generally speaking 😉..The F75 and the T2 are Legends. They've earned the tag the hard-yards way. They are also a doddle to operate; again, in my op... What's your take fellas?

Edited by Tim Kernowek 59
spelt Legend, Lengend! DUH!

• Administrators

@ScoTTT2 I have zero information on them...no data or sell sheet yet.  Only official Fisher emails of 2021 have been price changes - a Gold Bug 2 refresh - and a few cuts of older items like headphones.   They were supposed to send me one to check out - but I don't have an F75 on hand.  

@Tim Kernowek 59  My take = Not a fan of the name.  I agree you earn the title of Legend.  Seems the face and housing on it is a bit bigger than the Simplex...from pics anyways.  I'd have been ok with the Anfibio housing for the menu alone.  Impact/Kruzer/Anfibio have the best menus of any detectors in my opinion.  Simplex was well built, so I don't have much concern this will be cheaply made.  The buttons on it seem similar to the Anfibio/Kruzer again instead of the Simplex.  The Simplex buttons were good, but could be a tough press at times.  Smart move to switch back.    

The Deus is expensive at $1599 MAP price.  If it cannot dominate a Nox in testing (and real world)...I don't see it selling well in the US.  Maybe EU and UK for small hammered stuff.  If the Legend can come "close enough" to a Nox...I think it sells like crazy.  I personally am looking forward to the Deus 2 VERY much.  I am a huge fan of their ergo and removable housings that slip in a pocket.  I hope it is awesome.

As far as a FTP machine in 2022...I would not hold my breath.  

• Like 2

spacer.png

Cheers John. Your views are always well received my friend. I rely on you more than you know.. Trust in a person's word is priceless, especially when that person knows a lot more on a specific subject than I do.. For me, it helps to makes me wiser, quicker..... So many pretentious twots over here will 'flock' and go buy a D2 just for BS. To 'keep in with the in mass- crowd  rallyists' that they go out with': and to attempt promote themselves as 'Really serious metal detectorists'....that find next to nothing of any great value .. I've had to sell hammered coins etc, to invest in Iron age gold coins, because unless I hit on an Iron Age site ( in my dreams ), I'm never going to get to own or invest in them...I'm honest about what I find, and what I cannot.. Many people over here 'discover' gold staters/sovereigns/nobles etc,with their hugely priced machines....because they tell lies, buy them in, and pretend to find them just to justify the expense of their machines, and groom their weird egos.  The men and women that've made most of the U.K's top finds hunt alone; rarely in pairs. They do not run with the flock...." There's nowt as strange as folk"

• Like 2

In the last video, I saw the coil on a T2 ...

Tim, there are so many utube videos that are faked, and obviously so .. 'dug down 10 inches and pulled out a flying eagle cent...which came out in such good condition, clean like nothing I've ever pulled from the ground.. then the rest of the finds are similarly clean(ed), no years worth of stuck on dirt, etc .. surely bought and placed as to make it look like they were found.' .. I don't understand why people do that. .. except to get the pat on the back from those they've fooled.

• Like 1

.....baffles me Scott. a year or two backalong, a guy over here 'found' an Iron Age bronze socketed spear-point. An absolute beauty....His YT video shows him getting a long, sweet signal on his CTX, digging down no more than six inches in pasture, and pulling out the pristine grade ancient arfefact, with lots of loud repetitive, "Oh my God's!", and hugely shaking hands..A few days later he 'found' a hoard of scattered immaculate silver hammered coins, and a gold Noble in with them! Again with his CTX, again no deeper than six or seven inches max...more " OMG's and tremens.......his hauls continue to 'impress'...I'm not saying everyone reacts the same for one second, however I will say that when I found that early Bronze Age flat axe-head; flat mind you, not on edge of vertical, it was down a good 14"'s. I too, was hunting on pasture permission, using AM....When I eventually got to it, and saw what it was, I literally sat down hard, looked away, looked back into the hole, and looked around again to see if anyone was about before prising it up. I was on both knees, with my butt on my heels. My hands didn't shake: I was simply 'gob-smacked' speechless, as I gently lifted it out. I just put it down on the grass and looked at it for a good while before wrapping it in grass and putting it in a big coat pocket, quietly, before ever so  carefully back-filling the hole and fluffing the grass up after...I remember my mouth being very dry indeed, and me having to drink several flask-tops of tea. Only then did I notice a slight shake of my fingers... I took it home and said Nothing to anyone. Two weeks went by at least, before I phoned Graeme Rushton at Unearthed Uk ( a home based metal detector dealer, and long time hunter) for his advice. I sent him photos of it, and he verified it. I also sent photos to John and one other person. I was allowed to keep it as the British Museum's portable antiquities department said I could. They have numerous same -type axe-heads already, thank goodness!....inside I was doing the 'Cornish Jig' and singing out loud, but never once did I do a pantomime act for all to see and hear. As I remarked earlier Scott,, we all of us are individuals, we all react in our own ways to things, however, as my beautiful Mum used to impress upon me; quote: " People generally know where they stand with thieves, Timothy..... Nobody knows where they are with a liar"... Praps if John reads this and still has those photos he might post them up...As far as I remember they haven't been  on the forum.

• Like 1