Problem with pairing pulse dive to green headphones

Djsmith1959

I purchased a Simplex Plus for my grandson, it came with the standard 11 inch coil and also got the free 9.5 x 5 inch coil with it, also purchased the pulse dive 2in1 set (the yellow set) we have been trying to pair the land pin pointer with the green wireless headphones that came with the Simplex Plus to the pulse dive pin pointer, which we were able to accomplish the pairing, we did this after we charged everything to full charge

here is the problem- once the pin pointer was paired with the green headphones there is no volume coming through the head phones you can barely here it beep through the head phones, it is like there is a mute feature on but there is no mention of a mute feature anywhere other than the Simplex itself and it is not muted at all, is there a volume control some where that I am not seeing to make the beeps louder coming through the headphones I even turned the detector on and checked the volume setting in the detector setting it is at full volume I have been through the manual front to back several times for the pulse dive ,headphones and Simplex Plus and it does not state anything about a volume for the yellow pulse dive pin pointer or the headphones also no mention of a mute between pin pointer and headphones once the two are paired, again the pin pointer did pair with the green Nokta/Macro headphones but the beeps you hear through the green headphones is vary,vary faint can someone please give me a direction to look and figure this out,as I am very confused at this point as I have tried everything I can think of

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

• Administrators

Try changing the wireless channel on the Simplex so it comes through the speaker - then back to channel 1 to see if that corrects it.  Also try muting and unmuting the Simplex - and also adjust the volume to the lowest level and then back up again.  

Beyond that I would contact NoktaMakro on that one.  Might be an issue with the main board of the PD. 

USA Technical Service Form - Nokta Makro Metal Detectors (noktadetectors.com)

• Like 3

spacer.png

Unfortunately I do not own a Simplex, nor a Pulse-Dive PP. The only thing/ idea that I can come up with is, is there a frequency adjust setting option on the Pulse=Dive PP. If so,  try running through it with all units turned on, on full. The First Texas F Pulse/Tek-Point PPs have this frequency adjust feature, so praps your NM PP has, also? There is frequency adjust on Simplex, too, as far as I'm aware. No doubt it's a wee thing that is causing them not to 'wed'. The Simplex machine and head-phones will have passed quality control operation before sale, so too, the PP.  I wish that I could give you a definitive answer Dj.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheHunterGT said:

Try changing the wireless channel on the Simplex so it comes through the speaker - then back to channel 1 to see if that corrects it.  Also try muting and unmuting the Simplex - and also adjust the volume to the lowest level and then back up again.  

Beyond that I would contact NoktaMakro on that one.  Might be an issue with the main board of the PD. 

USA Technical Service Form - Nokta Makro Metal Detectors (noktadetectors.com)

I have tried changing volumes, frequencies and every other thing I can think of, I even tried re pairing the pulse dive with the headphones what is  odd here is everything works good between the Simplex and the headphones

the other odd thing is now when I try to re do the pairing its like the headphones are in a search mode looking for something to pair with,and has the really quick flashing blue lite going on the minuet you turn the headphones on

THGT can you tell me if there is a reset button somewhere on the pulse dive or the green headphone I have looked every where on both and it does appear there is no re set anywhere other than the simplex plus itself I attempted to call the repair center yesterday but got no answer also attempted to contact the place I purchased from and they were of no help at all

• Like 1

If your PP is new and under warranty : back it goes, and refund; no 'ifs' or 'buts' from seller, that may get the ball rolling at retailer end. In U.K we have a Financial Ombudsman' office that is there for tardy retailers etc. One mention of the word, "Ombudsman" always gets a result. The F O's office never 'hangs about', hanging out a rip-off merchant to the proverbial barn door to dry....They are excellent at their job, i will say...Perhaps you have an Ombudsman's office, or equivalent on your side of the Pond, if needs be?....Try NM, as John says, on Monday, and Keep on trying until you get them to respond. Obviously e mail them, too. Also, try to find the main importer for NM into the U.S.   If all goes well, great. If not don't give up. Go for broke Dj. If you Do get no-where, for whatever reason/s, in future it might be worth actually driving to your nearest metal detector shop, with your Grandson's Simplex and get them to pair the set-up for you. Perhaps take your Grandson with you, and if either of you own a 'smart' phone, maybe film the dealer setting up the MD/HP/PP union for your personal reference.  If they don't know how to, do not use them again. They " ain't worth their salt ", because I firmly believe that all established main dealerships that holds stock, and sells it 'over their counter', should be 'au fait' with such issues. Here in U.K, for example, 'Regtons' , the sole XP importer provide all such services 'in-house'. Chons da, Dj. Let us know how you get on.

Edited by Tim Kernowek 59
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tim Kernowek 59 said:

If your PP is new and under warranty : back it goes, and refund; no 'ifs' or 'buts' from seller, that may get the ball rolling at retailer end. In U.K we have a Financial Ombudsman' office that is there for tardy retailers etc. One mention of the word, "Ombudsman" always gets a result. The F O's office never 'hangs about', hanging out a rip-off merchant to the proverbial barn door to dry....They are excellent at their job, i will say...Perhaps you have an Ombudsman's office, or equivalent on your side of the Pond, if needs be?....Try NM, as John says, on Monday, and Keep on trying until you get them to respond. Obviously e mail them, too. Also, try to find the main importer for NM into the U.S.   If all goes well, great. If not don't give up. Go for broke Dj. If you Do get no-where, for whatever reason/s, in future it might be worth actually driving to your nearest metal detector shop, with your Grandson's Simplex and get them to pair the set-up for you. Perhaps take your Grandson with you, and if either of you own a 'smart' phone, maybe film the dealer setting up the MD/HP/PP union for your personal reference.  If they don't know how to, do not use them again. They " ain't worth their salt ", because I firmly believe that all established main dealerships that holds stock, and sells it 'over their counter', should be 'au fait' with such issues. Here in U.K, for example, 'Regtons' , the sole XP importer provide all such services 'in-house'. Chons da, Dj. Let us know how you get on.

Unfortunately we have nothing like you describe on our side of the pond Tim wish we did

I will be calling the place I purchased from again on Monday and getting a return authorization on Monday