Fisher Labs News

Recently I heard news that FT Fisher may be introducing an 'All New' Single Frequency metal detector to accompany their Impulse AQ pulse induction machine. Apparently such a machine will eclipse the F75 LTD and T2 LTD for performance. I start this topic hoping that others may contribute by advancing their opinions, based on sound reasoning, as to what they feel would make such a single frequency machine the 'must have' item for Fisher/FT enthusiasts, and discerning metal detectorists in general. For me, I go with Keith Southerns' views on the need for the implementation of the User Defined Tone Break, 'V' Break, (that runs completely separately from Factory fixed iron discrimination settings ) that so hugely improved the F19 and Teknetics G2 plus, respectively. Such a thing is vital for hunting in dense iron of vastly differing size and densities... There that's my 'Must Have' for the future single frequency from FT Fisher Labs....What do you envision- feel is needed? What frequency would you suggest they might use?..............................

Let me start off by saying my first ever machine was a T2+, I then bought the T2ltd for the dst and 2b and 2c iron tone settings...I have never used a machine with a V-break, so I don't know what I might be missing there...by using those two machines, my experience is only with the 13khz and just the single frequency....I hunt with a guy that uses the nox800 and another with the ctx3030 and have yet to be shown that I swung an inferior machine....we all dig the same amount of good targets and junk, hunt for hunt....it is hard for me to believe that in the places I hunt I'm missing things that I swing over and the other guys are getting them, any more than they're missing things that I get... So to eclispe the T2ltd is quite the statement...especially coming from the builder of the T2. Still there are things I think of when I'm out hunting that I wish I could do or that the T2 had, that it doesn't.

I hunt a lot in all metal mode,...the T2 was made for All Metal Mode, I'm guessing, it is so much more responsive there... but I toggle to discrim mode to check on things...wouldn't it be nice if the all metal had the vco which was cabable of three, four or five tones...maybe this is where an adjustable V break would come in with the ability to adjust those different tones, adjustable by the user...or even assign a notch segment to different tones, again by the user...the machine would discrimate by the tones, no need for the discrim side of the machine at all...even the three, four and db tones of the discrim mode would be nicer if they were also a vco tone. A 99 tone vco...think about what that would tell you, though I'm not sure one could stand it. Then there's the bp(boost process)...it would be cool if that was always on no matter how you had the machine configured. I have a machine capable of extreme depths, but I have to run it one way, in bp mode, to get that depth. Same with the fa(fast process) setting, it should always be on....again I have a machine that is capable of extreme seperation, but I have to run it one way to acheive it... An auto ground balance that resets everytime there was nothing under the coil, with a manual override. I know someplaces this wouldn't be worth it, but where I hunt it would be cool. I don't know how many times I get hunting along then things change and I forgot to keep ground balancing and before I realize what has happened, a bunch of area has been hunted. I don't know how any of those things actually work in the machine, so I don't know how hard they would be to do or if I'm the only one who thinks of them and would use them or even if they would work at all.

Then there is the build quality. The ergonomics are great, but wouldn't carbon fiber poles make it even nicer? So many people who spent $800 for a nox then turn around and put another hundred or two into carbon fiber poles....a factory should do this, or at least offer it ... It also needs to be waterproof...every new machine being made now should be capable of going 6 ft underwater. The $250 simplex does that. Along with that, the faceplate should be glass...I think that is the weakest part of the T2. Finally, a rechargable lithium battery that could be easily changed out by the user. People have been able to change their camera's lithium batteries for 30 years now. These things can easily be done, maybe a little retooling needed, but it would bring things up to date.

Great reply Scott with some sound suggestions for improvements. For instant knowledge on the advantages of 'User Defined Tone Break / 'V' break,... YT: Relics 1864. Teknetics G2plus. Oh that my F75 had it, plus a variable power on-off back-light too. I content myself with it remembering my settings , yet an auto track self adjusting GB ( Tesoro Lobos had it years ago! ) would be damn useful on some of my sites. Hopefully this forum will attract some more folk and topics will get a proper 'airing'. I hope that if you do decide to check out the YT video you find it interesting and worthy of need on a forth-coming new FT SF MD. I enjoy hunting in AM, it is my preferfed mode, however my Roman/Medieval sites require disc, hence my V break suggestion for all new FT MDs.

So far all I've come up with is an enhanced version of something already existing...and sort of combining some aspects of the G2+ and T2 or F19 andF75....what could it be that would eclispe these machines in the minds of FT? Would just those few things be so much better or is there something more? Will the interface be set up like the T2/F75 or more like the G2/F19, or something totally different? One of the things I really like with the T2 is it is so simple. The area being hunted dictates the settings and those settings are easy to change on the fly. Even if the T2 stored the settings, most likely I would change them at each hunt. There simply isn't a lot to do to get results. A back light would be nice, too.

I too am hopeful on the forum's get up.

Whatever it is, I imagine it will be worth considering. Fisher/Teknetics simply do not manufacture shoddy equipment. 'Enhanced' is a word I like. No doubt the enhancements will be relevant to performance, That G2/F19 UD V break is a favourite hope of mine..Perhaps even a new kHz.?....Ergonomically, the 75, T2, G2+ are very good. I can't say about the F19, I've never handled on, however 'they' say that the pistol grip is of greater benefit for tall people. However FT do sell longer lower stems. I'm quite tall 6/3, and I find the G2+ and 75 are fine , just. Mind you, who's to know if FT have utilised telescopic stem tech, lever cam-locks... as enhancements...I hope people move on to this forum, however, people can become set in their ways.

So Tim...what khz would you favor?...is there a magic frequency that would surpass the 13 khz of the F75/T2?...for the little I know of the different frequencies being used, it seems that actual hunting differences is mostly mute until you get to those gold monsters....I mean to say that where I'm hunting am I missing something with the 13 that I wouldn't miss with a 7khz or 20 khz?...I guess that is what it all boils down to for me...'am I missing something that I'm swinging over'...and if so can it be corrected in a machine more so than it already is with the T2....or does a better machine just tell me better that a target is something I probably don't want to dig?....are there frequencies different from the norm, that may actually work better?...sort of compared to those of a radio...AM vs. FM...vs. Ham radio frequencies....I'm old enough to remember when FM took over the airwaves and how much it changed radio back then....and then the FM stations were allowed to crank the power of their broadcasts....that was a difference.

• Administrators

Vbreak separate of disc on a F75 or T2 would be a fantastic update.

Instead of a fixed FA mode...I would prefer an adjustable recovery speed. Being able to adjust recovery for trash vs depth situations is one of the reasons the Deus is so popular as an iron sifter - Equinox as well. I would be happy anything from 7kHz to 25kHz. Anything higher might as well be a gold prospector (yes I realize the relic hunting benefits of high freqs).

VCO tone is a tone all by itself - super modulated. It can be pitch adjusted, but not provide an entirely different tone across the 99 tone scale. VCO is a type of continuous processing where the entire object is "felt over" by the entire signal. It would need to be a sampled tone which is more of a digital snapshot picture of the highest peak of the signal. Hopefully they have a VCO pitch option like the F75LTD.

I would love carbon fiber shafts - or a collapsible unit like the Anfibio - Simplex - Deus - Vanquish.

Don't personally care if Li-Poly or AA...but 100% agree it needs to be user changeable either way. I do NOT want to have to send my detector in for "repair" when the battery goes dead. It is the stupid time-wasting concept they took from cell phones - which usually need to be updated by the time their batteries die. Not so with detectors.

Could go either way on the ground balance. As long as it has a quick grab, I'm good, since they hit the same figure as a manual balance 99% of the time. I only prefer tracking if it done 100% correct, which I have yet to see on any detector.

For the memory settings, I do not mind setting up the T2 each time, but only because it is so easy. If it was a Nox or Anfibio type setup, I would demand non-volatile memory on the unit.

Just give me a F19 with boost and I would be pretty happy lol....but all the rest would be nice on the T2/F75 platform.

spacer.png

Hi Scott, I lack the knowledge to be able to define a kHz that might surpass the FT13 kHz as an 'all-round, 'go to' frequency. I can say for certain that the 14.5 kHz of the Vaquero was extremely good, in my opinion, so too the 17.5 kHz of the Tejon. Both frequencies offered quick quick Rec/Sep, and excellent depth. Those 'depth at all costs' folk that state otherwise are daft. I have hunted with the Laser Trident 2 (U.K Vaquero variant) and extensively with U.K Tejon; both MD's were depth capable and offered up great returns. Until I owned my G2+those were the only MDs that exceeded the FT 13 kHz ( I keep my MDs for a long time before buying another, hence my not leaping on the Nox waggon, until I've seen it stack up against a FT or NM simultaneous MF MD). I've seen the performance of the Deeptech Vista range of MDs, one of which is 25 kHz and has lightening quick rec/sep, and goes real deep ( they even make a 30 kHz single frequency!). So in summing up, if Deeptech can do it, FT can enhance it beyond measure, unfortunately my guess is not worth much, yet the subject is sweeter for it's intrigue, I reckon!..... 19 kHz to 30 kHz..??..t'is not for me to know Scott. I guess that my initial contribution of wanting the User Defined V break ( separate from discrimination), and 100% waterproofing will remain my most essential contributions. John's suggestions are all excellent, yet the kHz conundrum lives on for the while!

Yep, apparently FT may be bringing a continuous/simultaneous multi-frequency option machine to the table next year. If so we can rest assured that FT will have gleaned plenty of info from the Nox feed-back, and will endeavour to better such things that warrant specific attention to detail. However, the single frequency detector is the intriguing one just now, especially because FT spokesman has assured 'us' that it will be a whole better machine than either of the old flag-ships from Fisher and Teknetics (F75 & T2). FT as far as I'm concerned, make very capable, durable, trend setting machines, so I'd imagine quality to be a given. Warranty ought not to be an issue if you live in the U.S. I'm in U.K, I work two FT machines hard (out of poxy lock-down regs), and in six years plus have never had any 'issues' with either of mine. For me personally, I'm really looking forward to the FT releases as and when they see fit to allow us access.

Let me tell you that since this thread started my mind has been running circles around what machine would be so much better than the T2...only a few months ago while watching some of the guys testing the Aq Impulse, I told the wife that is my next machine, that along with the T2se I own, will be all the detectors I will ever need....so what makes a machine better?....depth, seperation, ease of use, better target id...or is there something I'm unaware of ?....is there a timeline already in place for this introduction?

• Administrators
I will hopefully be able to answer all of that when I review it,. From what I have been told (and also publicly noted) is that it is faster and deeper than an F75/T2 platform...which will be good enough for me personally. Release should be this summer/fall...I am assuming

spacer.png

That particular review is most definitely going to have massive views. Why? Because for me your reviews are comprehensive studies that are accurate, direct, and 'brand bigotry free'. I hope more people get on to the forum. This is the first 'thread' I've ever started, and the positivity of response is cool. Can you imagine the feed-back if more people took part? Faster and Deeper than 75/T2, does sound 'super-charged' F19/G2+ domain John, with reference to your earlier post on this thread. It takes something truly interesting to engage my intrigue gears; this news has me speculating like I was a teenage boy once more, back on the farms, wondering which make of 22 RF my Dad was thinking of giving me for my B'day...( under 18 ;) ). :D

• Administrators

Thanks Tim. Forum should pick up slowly. Few new members a week. I have some plans for "events" and such that will be forum only - like the clad is rad challenge we will be starting April 1st coming up. I will advertise them on YouTube and Facebook both...should drum up membership. Be perfect in the 100-150 membership range if everybody was active. Quality over quantity.

I don't think it will be much longer for the new machines....PI and the new SF machine. I think next year is their big home run. They have some fantastic minds working on the multi-freq over there. I'm excited to see what they pull off.

spacer.png

With you on that John. Far better to accumulate forum members gradually than the uncertain instability of so many 'flashes in the pan' . Steady and sure every time. I simply am longing for FT to release the new machines. As you say, FT do have some fantastic engineering minds in their camp.