clad is rad challenge

ScoTTT2

Finally got out to clad it up. Was sailing along like a pirate ship when I hit a snag. Just took delivery of a shiny new 540 and this thing is a monster. The snag being 8 wheats, a 44 merc and a 46 rosie. All insanely deep.

I marked six more deepies so I can go in tomorrow and see if my other machinery even stands a chance or hang from the wall of shame. Meanwhile I have to get on feebay and pick me up a couple of new rotator cuffs cause I was mean to my set today.

always nice when a new purchase come through with the goods....how deep is insanely deep?

in the park I hunted yesterday, my average dig was 8 inches...for every coin that was 4 inches there was another at 12,...most between 7 and 9, all clad...the park is the big place to see the fireworks in that town...the fireworks were cancelled last year....the park I hunted today, however, is part of a school grounds I have permission for and probably averaged a 5 inch dig...I double the hours from the previous day's hunt and more than tripled the take...and one piece of silver each day, a small ring and a St Christopher medal

I plan on posting a weekly total...I've been figuring out how to keep this pace going all year...and hoping that things open up this year and people mill about

I have also heard there's an un official world record clad take of $1850...not sure what that would be in our points total

Scott, These coins were well over my carrot,guessing in the ten, eleven inch range. The main problem is the first 4-5 in. are dirt, then another 4-5 in. are stone and then hard clay under that. Hence the shoulder torture. I figured a once a week report on the clad also.

My wife asked me what I was going to do with the clad at the end of this and I told her I'll need it for the hernia surgery, lol..

• 5 weeks later...

I was hoping that this challenge would bring a few more to the forum in search of competition ... I was guessing that for the final on November 1st, we would add all the clad and the one with the biggest clad take would be the winner. I think we should do this a bit different than I thought, as I can see that if I, (as a soon to be sixty year old and very intimidating clad digger), keep this up for a another month or so, I could run away with it ... making it not worth it for anyone else to join in the fun .. and I know there are some others out there that dig a lot of clad.

So .. how about we make it a race to four or the most months as a winner? .. who ever wins the most months is declared the winner .. the clad count would only matter to determine the monthly winner .. and in the case of a tie, then the one with the biggest total clad take would win. This way someone could join in anytime and still have a chance to win the challenge ... 'each month counts as 1 point .. there will be 7 points total for the year .. in the case of a tie .. the totals for each month's clad take will be added up to determine the winner.'

What do you think?

• Administrators
That works for me. I don't see myself winning it any month lol. I can always promote it on the videos - that might bring some people in. I just don't want hit and run types.

spacer.png