CLAD IS RAD CONTEST: All clad posts go here!

• Administrators

(Participants and totals will be edited at the bottom of this post on a "close to daily" basis. Please read entire post before posting)

Welcome to the Clad is Rad Contest! All skill levels and detectors are welcome to join! Post all your clad finds (and totals) by replying in this thread. It may get messy here and there - but we will figure it out as a group!

This contest will run from April 1st through November 1st. Monthly winners will be chosen on the first day of the following month. Example: April winner will be chosen May 1st. May winner on June 1st...etc.

You can post your totals daily - weekly - monthly. Just keep in mind you have until 12AM midnight on the last day of the month to turn in finds.

Monthly winners will receive a Wilcox Trowel valued at $25

Grand total winner on November 1st will receive a Vanquish 340.

This contest is for fun. Do not be a scumbag loser and ruin it for others with lies. Any confirmed (or very highly suspected) cheats will be removed from the contest - and the forum as well. No issues with trying hard, or people who dominate due to hard work - just don't lie and cheat about it. Win fair or piss right off.

Also - no bitching - moaning - complaining. We are all adults and can come to a reasonable conclusion on any disagreements or disputes. Anybody acting childish and ruining this will be removed from the contest (and likely the forum). I have zero time or patience for nonsense on something that is supposed to be awesome and fun for us forum users. We are a small group here...please be rad and make this work!

RULES:

All coins must be dug same month they are turned in

No zincs - corrosion issue - and they just plain suck

No foreign coins - must be from your country

No "collectible" coins

No silver or gold coins

No last gen design overhauls - Example: wheat pennies - IHPs - Buffs - V nickels.

No bonus points for error coins or special dates

1 coin = 1 point

Any detector can be used at any location

Coin must be dug - or a surface findwhile metal detecting.

No team efforts - all coins must be from you alone. Your spouse and children are not allowed to help - sorry.

To elaborate:

I realize wheat pennies (and some older coins) may still spend - but for the sake of this contest they are deemed collectible and a last generation overhaul. If unsure about a coin - post the coin from your country and we can discuss.

For this contest: "clad" = any coin you would easily spend or place into a vending machine without 2nd thought.

Due to some foreign coins being high face value - 1 coin = 1 point. It will not be monetary values.

There will be no bonus coins or bonus points of any sort (sorry you 1977 lovers).

LET THE CONTEST BEGIN!

APRIL TOTALS:

muddydogz - 85 + 115 + 98 + 41

ScoTTT2 - 332 + 226 + 247 + 221

THGT - 84 + 55

April Winner - ScoTTT2

MAY TOTALS:

THGT - 66

SCOTTT2 - 179 + 133

Winner -

JUNE TOTALS:

Winner -

JULY TOTALS:

Winner -

AUGUST TOTALS:

Winner -

SEPTEMBER:

Winner -

OCTOBER:

Winner

GRAND PRIZE WINNER -

spacer.png

Great words John. I think that you and I would get along just fine. Straight from the shoulder, as long as there are no foul words, shouting, snarling, or personal slamming is cool. Start as we mean to continue, treat others in a manner that we would enjoy, and don't lie. Better stung by truth than slashed by lie ( my Pappy used to inform me). Fair play, you guys certainly get the coins. Like, your machines literally pay for themselves! You need wheel barrows instead of finds pouches when you head to the 'weigh-in' at your banks at the end of a year! Great stuff. I wish I had travelled to the U.S when I was young, instead of 'head down-arse up' in Cornwall. Guess I lacked vision then. The closest I have ever got to the North American Continent, was hearing that wonderful " BooM---BOOOOM" as the Blackbirds 'migrated ' over Land's End, Cornwall, on their headings toward The Med; over Suez, and beyond, for a 'look about the Middle East! ;)

• Administrators

Well you guys are whooping my ass this month. I have been focusing on that lake which just does not produce clad like the parks.

So far my monthly total is a whopping 84 coins in like 6-7 trips...not even worth a picture LOL.

spacer.png

lol....I'm glad I got my sit-ups in.

There is more to this than just one month though....I could see someone killing it for a month or two then stalling out .. especially with the way things have been shut down around here .. there's not many new drops .. I have been watching a bunch of people practicing baseball though .. hopefully those parks get some action .. I hit them pretty hard last year

well today was a washout and they are calling for more rain tomorrow .. so unless I am able to get out for a bit tomorrow, here is my final take for the month of April ..

61 quarters + 63 dimes + 12 nickels + 85 pennies = 221

April was a very good month for me as far as metal detecting finds goes with over $130 in clad, 9 silver coins, my 1st american large cent which was also my oldest coin (1834), 10 rings, a couple silver medallions and one gold charm

Edited by ScoTTT2

Nice Scottt, my measly week 4 take was10 pennies, 12 dimes, 16 quarters and 3 nickels.

A total of 41. Most of these were incidental as I'm back to looking for the deep oldies and can only dig so much in a day. On a better note, a handful of wheats, Indians, v NICs, and silver has eased the sting somewhat.

hey muddydogz .. post up some pictures when you get those old finds .. be cool to get an old coin thread going in the finds gallery .. one thing that has eluded me so far is an old nickel...

• 2 weeks later...
muddydogz .. been either raining or snowing every day this month .. yesterday was the first day totally without either .. with trying to keep up with the lawn, it's a big one .. haven't had much time above the coil.

• 2 weeks later...