your white whale?

So what is on the top of your bucket list or your white whale?

I always keep my bucket list small. In my mind it is not just something I haven't dug before. At first I had a gold ring, once I found one, I found a few more. Then I was finding silver coins. I found many seated coins until I finally found a barber. That barber was my white whale at that time. Now, on my bucket list, I have only a US large cent and a coin minted before 1800. I may have found a one reale that is from that time period, but it is so wiped as to not be able to tell for sure, and I have found early Canadian large cents, but not one from the US.

• Administrators

Seated and Barber for me. I have a Walking Liberty Half and a SLQ (Standing Liberty Quarter). I just need her ass in that chair for the trifecta.

I do have a couple V nickels to my name...so I guess those count as Barbers...but I want a dime/quarter/half.

spacer.png

My easy answer would be a gold coin. I've checked off pretty much all the u.s. coins except a gold coin. Thought I'd found one once, $20 to boot. Turned out to be a fake. Talk about a let down.

For me, a complete, un-buckled, Bronze Age ,socketed long spear point, to go with my B A votive flat axe head ( slight damage). A Celtic gold stater would be great, but awesome artefacts are my passion. to own an item that once was wielded by one of my ancient British ' warrior, head-hunter ancestors' would be cool. Roman stuff is ok, but they poached everyone else's best ideas, and inventions. A complete Celtic Chariot Burial discovery would be 'nice' toooo. "Yeah Tim, in your wildest".
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...