Pin pointer options?

Well, it's looking like my old pro pointer is finally giving up the ghost. I don't use it field hunting but I can't imagine park hunting without one. Wondering if anyone has tried the cheap gp garret clones or would that be a waste of $20. Thanks

I have never tried one.

I have a tekpoint which is the same as an Fpulse...for park hunting I couldn't imagine hunting with anything less. When my detector says a target is 5 inches or less I try and pinpoint it. If the target was 4 inches it hits it... somewhere between the 4 and 5 inch mark it doesn't always pick it up...anything the pinpointer hits is just three pushes with the hand digger, or less if it's real shallow....I am not digging a big hole...just big enough to retrieve the target...maybe a two by two three sided hole, more or less.

Value for money in my op is the Nokta Waterproof Pin-Pointer ( Grey, with the Orange screw-top). They just can so take a beasting without dying, and are reasonable for performance too. For a few more dollars/pounds, the F Pulse/Tek Point are very sensitive, with great range and multi setting properties. Then there's the Carrot. The Nokta Pulse-Dive PP is a handy tool if you need a mugging deterrant, it's truncheon-like form sure is a handful ( I don't like them, to be fair). In my op, "Pay cheap, buy thrice", is the adage with pointers. I'd go with my first suggestion for an all-round work-horse that performs, is durable, and won't slay your wallet.