just putting it out there

ScoTTT2

I love jury duty

....been on two juries and was in the final cut when the guy changed his plea to guilty

....it has been a long time since and I'm probably up for another summons soon

...been on the 'wrong' side in my youth. The formative years of the U.K's introduction to the vastly superior Japanese motor-cycles saw to that for me. The raw un-bridled mentalness of the screaming two-stroke triples proceeded at 'ear-bleeding' intensity, eventually culminating at it's pinnacle, with the legendary Z900 Kwak. I was once stopped by road-block after an 18 mile chase on a Cornish 'A' road. Short straights of half a mile at most: the rest was 'winding undulations of tarmac'. Average speed 115 mph....'tip of iceburg stuff'. Bloody stupid. No-one died. There were also game-bird poaching forays, for which I ultimately came 'before the bench' :oops: . I eventually 'bucked up', as 'they' say...Courtrooms hold no fascinations for me, in fact, the opposite hold prescedence.

lol....I road with a group. Four of the guys had old harleys .. the two others 1100 or 1200 suzuki, which they hopped up a bit ...way to fast for me. I had a chopper, before they were cool, it was a norton....looked nice, the girls liked it, but really sucked to drive....the seven of us parked at a red light when a little old lady took out the two guys in the front row...my son was just born so I sold my bike and have ridden one only a couple times since.

I also, around that time, had two very fast cars one mercury montego police interceptor that would flat out go and a turbo charged pontiac trans am not quite as fast but looked nice. My father helped build race cars sometimes using his garage, the guys wanted to make the mercury even faster with a couple little fixes...but it already went back to zero....I wish I held on to that car.

• Administrators

I realize it is my civic duty and all that. Just pay me a proper amount please. A dollar a day or some crap? Come on.

If this turns out being some huge trial - that will for sure suck - since I homeschool my kids and run my business from home. Being in some courtroom all day is not going to get it done for me.

I have never made the final cut due to my sarcastic answers to their questions - and am hopeful this time is no different.

spacer.png

lol....yep, the right answer gets you sent home quickly .. something like, 'the DA is always right' works for a bunch of people .. really not sure on the pay scale any more .. I remember it not being very much .. and taking a while to even get that