Latest news from Nokta Makro re: Gold Hunter MD.

Here's an ask. Has anyone any info on the new Nokta Makro Gold Finder 2000? I've just heard about this new machine. From what little I can ascertain it has excellent depth, as well as full iron discrimination too. It definitely sounds interesting. I received a 'pop-up' from Nokta-Makro Metal Detectors Home Site just now...over to you....sounds like a great Celtic gold stater sniffer in the right locations, apart from nugger hunting.

• Administrators
Same kHz as Gold Kruzer at 61. I will hopefully have one fro review soon - unsure of differences just yet. Seems to be a turn on and go - so might be priced under the GK.

spacer.png

Priced at $850/£608 on Nokta Makro's Home Site, so it is $100/£536 more expensive than the Gold Kruzer... The brief write up says it'll be their deepest gold hunter, and that iron disc is 'un-matched'... The display lay-out is 'all new', that is for sure, plus there is a good range of coil options, comprising 5x10" Concentrics and DDs, respectively , there is also a 15.5" x 13" DD coil option.

• Administrators

The GK passed nail tests with ease - so we shall see how this fares.

Shares coils with the GK

GK is lighter by .7 lbs

Comes with wired KOSS headphones (can use wireless green edition - it does have wireless capabilities)

Seems to be an Anfibio based straight shaft vs the GK s-shaft with carbon fiber lower.

Same IP68 rating

Same 3700mAh battery

Auto-ground balance (tracking)

Has a wireless speaker

8 sens level vs 99 on GK

No iSat or iMask that I see...could be auto.

Comes with a "system box pouch"...not sure if the head is hip mountable? Or maybe for the speaker?

Manual (quick guide) is pretty basic and straight forward as far as settings. https://www.noktadetectors.com/wp-content/file-download/gold-finder-2000/gold-finder-2000-quick-guide-en.pdf

Seems to have 2 modes - all-metal and disc - limited options from there. Basic sens and volume adjustment is it....with a pinpoint button.

spacer.png

That wireless speaker would be well useful in 'Rattler Country', far safer than wearing headphones and not hearing the 'buzz' of those tail 'rattles'... : Ugh....the damned things give me the creeps; them and Funnel -Web spiders and Gila Monsters... The Sierra Madres, and White Mountains Ranges, 'Bad-lands', of the late 1700's- late 1800's must have been terribly dangerous places, especially after the Nuhmunuh had driven the Apache from the Southern Great Plains, and persecuted them so violently that they 'migrated' into the fastness of such desolate and inhospitable country to evade total ethnic cleansing by them. Venemous reptiles, spiders, and Apache war-bands; great (not). Anyways, I digress....I hope that Dilek gets the GF 2,000 into your hands asap. One of your in depth reviews and comprehensive testing of this machine will be of huge interest, esrecially after Nokta Makro's statements regarding great iron discing, and depth capabilities... The In-Air and Nail Board tests, using the usual items will be of huge interest, more so if you decide to do a seperate Nail Board test using gold, in place of silver or copper coinage. Hurry up Dilek please. ;)