got a new permission today

Just got a 'yes it's ok to detect our properties', from a company that has multiple revolving properties .. they have 3 on the books today .. with a few more to be added in the next few weeks .. the ones on the books now are an 1880 built house, a 1920 built house which used to have a store on the property before the house was built and a 1940s built house in a very old neighborhood .. this company also works closely with two other companies that also have multiple properties, and will be a very good 'in' for an attempt on gaining their permissions also .. this has the possibility to be the best permission I have ever received for anything, ever ... see my thread, "a proper mindset" on this board.

Beauty Scott! Well done on securing what sounds like very intersting locations to hunt. Proper mind-set is key to un-locking the better permissions I firmly believe. Getting that initial 'foot-in-the-door'/ 'on-the first-rung-of-the-ladder' is a lovely feeling. Main things are that you are really aquaint with your machine, and by doing thing properly you can now impliment your skill-sets. There's little point in having good ground if you don't know enough about your machine to fully benifit. Great news! "Go ye ahead".

Thanks Tim .. this company deals almost exclusively in residential properties .. meaning that there is a very good likely hood they haven't been detected .. they average just under 60 properties per year, which they own for a short period of time then turn them over

Bang on Scott! Fair play to you, you've dropped on a brilliant source of continually up-dating permissions. As you say, there are going to be sites that've never been detected, or if they may have been in the past then you can bet that they've not been rinsed. You'll know the ones to really concentrate on within an hour of hunting them, respectively. Perhaps it may be of use to set up some notches for the desirables, and if you hit on them in what you consider to be satisfactory numbers, maybe drop the notching and 'dig all the nice '. You'll know what's best for each site....... All your previous learnings could be ready to pay big dividends...This is what your T2 was made for, and now you are fully in tune with it after the 'bedding in' times...I'm delighted for you my friend! Great news! I hope that you and yours have a lovely weekend.

Well with the 2nd house there would be no way to notch any numbers .. there were bits of aluminum flashing and roofing nail in every conceivable shape .. hitting numbers from 50s to the 90s .. the T2 doesn't have the notch feature like the F75 does .. it is just a discrimination from iron on up .. I almost never discrim anything as I like to hear where the iron is or what the soil is .. so as long as the T2 is running smooth I set it to zero .. today the all metal side was a constant machinegun, there was just so much junk in the yard .. real hard to pick the good from the bad .. so I ran in the discrim side 85/0/4tone and made a hunt of it, picking the high tones .. this was a property that would be cool to have the top 5 inches scraped off, I know there is stuff down there covered and masked by all the modern metal garbage .. who ever lived there from 1960s until a couple years ago really messed this property up

Sounds like a 'busy' site Scott, I guess that without notch, I'd definitely use the FT 5x10 DD ( or the FT 5" round DD, as a last resort ) and go hard on the disc, only digging the highest, sweetest, 'round' values. That way, hopefully, I'd hit on some good silver coinage. Once I'd cleaned them up, I'd 'open the door' slightly on disc and go again, and depending on the machines success or failure rate to hit on good targets decide when to call things quits.... Sometimes it's the only way Scott.... Get the best finds that you can with your machine on filthy contaminated sites, and don't fry your patience threshold on such ground. Metal detecting is about enjoyment and relaxation, not 'beating ones head against the 'oak tree'. Doing that, is lovely once you've stopped! ;) As John is my witness; sites like the one you've just mentioned are one of the reasons why I've waited, several years now, for either Nokta Makro or FT to develop and manufacture a very durable, 100% waterproof, continuous/simultaneous multi frequency machine: boasting first class ergonomics and exceptional after-sales credentials.....looks like it'll be the European one this time around!