why dig zinclon signals?

today I did a little park hunting, trying to beat the heat .. and I dug a first for me .. a 925 silver ring with 14 diamonds .. it was missing one .. they were small but each one rung the tester all the way to the end .. it hit a perfect zincoln signal .. a 79 on the T2 ..this got me to thinking of all the BS zinc cents I've dug and why I still dig them .. it would be easy to just ignore those signals ..but every now and then that zinclon signal throws out a good target .. this picture shows some of the good targets I've dug ..both modern silver rings and older Indian head cents .. each one could have been a rotten zinc cent .. all rang up somewhere between 77 and 81 on the T2, the same as the zinc cent at the top .. the machine can't tell one from the other .. everything in this photo rings the same .. the infinity ring on the clip is the one I dug today ..925 with 14 out of 15 diamonds .. these finds make it hard to pass the zincoln signal up for me .. I'm saying zincoln signal, but it could just as well be an aluminum screw cap or a bottle top.

20210613-204933.jpg

Edited by ScoTTT2

• Administrators
Yeah that range can for sure bring the goods in the right spot. I have hit silver rings there as well, albeit rare. You are also correct - it is easy to ignore them, after your first IHP anyways. 😎

spacer.png

Fair play to you Scott! Some brilliant finds!!! Great to see for sure. Weather V hot here in U.K at mo; ground as tight as a Gin ( old type U.K vermin jaw trap from pre- 60's). I broke my thumb in one when I was 5, and those jaws were V tight.

there's a guy who lives a bit south east of me that collects traps .. the English traps he has that I think were real cool were the man traps .. meant to keep the people from eating the King's wild game .. they would hit me about mid-shin but a 5 foot tall man right across the knee.