in the water with the simplex+

ScoTTT2

had a decent hunt this evening .. even though no precious metal .. two rings, the big cz was the first thing I saw in the scoop, man, I wish it was real .. an aluminum cross ear ring .. 1944 wheaties .. a couple fishing items .. and a bit of clad .. the water is very nice .. the simplex+ with the carbon shaft and 8 inch coil works real well as a water machine .. well worth the extra money .. I put some reflecting tape in places on the coil that really stands out through the muddying of the lake bottom .. I might just like this machine after all :D

20210630-211136.jpg

Bang on Scott! I'm well pleased that you have found some cool finds. Every non-junk find is a cool find for me, that way the real class ones really stand out! Yep, the Simplex and it's 8" round coil are the 'made for each other' water hunters for sure. My brother raves about the 8" for 'wet work' as he terms it, and plenty of other water hunters speak well of the combo. My brother also rants on about the merits of his flippin' SP24, 9.5"x5" coil for all else, but I think that I've mentioned that to you before, so apologies for the reiteration. I've put in a good few hours with his Simplex, and can find no fault with it at all, apart from it needing a way- more un-compressed iron disc range. If NM ever do an up-date V to give their Simplex owners the option of a 0 to 100 iron disc-out option, rather than it's 0 to 40 one ( as I see/hear' it ), the machine will be virtually flawless in it's domain in my op. So many used to slag (no pun intended), Tejon in iron; so many never owned the U.K V Tejon, with it's hugely extended iron sampling range of discrimination!... As good as our T2/'75's un-doubtedly are, neither is worth a tanner/dime for 'wet work'.

no doubt the combo with the sp22 coil and carbon shaft makes this very easy to swing in the water .. the V2.77 also makes this a totally different machine, much more responsive .. especially to small targets at depth .. so glad for this forum and the recommendation for that change .. with the waterproof head set and those upgrades I have a very capable fresh water hunter and it's only a matter of time before the one find comes that pays for it all.....I have park 2 set with the first three and the last boxes notched out .. sensitivity two from the top as things won't be very deep in the lakes I'm hunting .. and it runs very quite and stable

The 2.78 was released to quieten the fools that instead of thoroughly learning and properly aquainting themselves with the earlier 2.68v before moving on up to 2.77 didn't. and duly freaked out 'en masse', because the sparkier 2.77 v was way too much for them to get to grips with: bit like moving straight from a Tesoro Silver Sabre 1, to a Tejon in a way. The 'silicone percieved obsolesence syndrome' ruled their heads, neutered their common-sense, and they were 'at a loss', to put it mildly :roll: . Many of them, also took no heed of Nokta Makros 'Loud and Clear' warnings agaist doing so, and tried to go back from the 2.7...v's to the 2.68's, and duly fried their machines, coils, and blew their warranties to hell as well. The old adage, 'Look before you leap' held firm, again.