A noteworthy find with the '75

Hello all, I've been busy with family business the last few weeks, but all's good. it meant a stay over back down in Cornwall, so I've been unable to do much other than 'help the old man out, he's 91, and still coping on his own fine around his bungalow, with help from my younger sis who lives near him. His garden needed 'blitz krieg' before a brier got in through his letter-box flap on his main door and strangled the old warrior in his sleep! Anyway..that done I am now back up the strip again in rural Herefordshire...I've been down to the meadows near my hacienda for a swing after all the rain we've had. One meadow has a brook flanking it, and a thirty-ish- yard stretch, by roughly five feet wide has collapsed onto the scree slope running down to the water, and turned completely arse over t#ts. I swung the '75 over it, and pulled up a few pre-decimals, two musket balls and some old bottle tops and scrap non-ferrous. Then went to AM and eventually had a nice hit. I dug down through some lovely sandy/loamy soft soil and pulled up a coin at around 14-15". One of my mates has since photographed it and I asked him to send it to my e mail address, If he's managed to get around to doing that I will e mail the pics to John, so that if he wishes to he may up-load them onto this forum. I hope everyone is safe and happy, especially John, who has been under the pump. The coin is a Silver Shilling of Queen Anne, the last monarch of the Stuart dynasty of British Royals, dated 1711, Because the soil is so clean it is in wonderful condition, though blackened by time as good quality silver does. All the best to all.

nice find Tim, can't wait for the pictures .. It's been busy here, have torn down the old shed out back, which I'm just finishing busting up to be burnt .. also tore down the back porch to make way for the roofers (this was built by someone that shouldn't have owned a hammer .. the same guy did the plumbing and electric .. which I'm also slowly replacing bit by bit) .. only a bit of water hunting with not much to show for it .. but the water is warm still, it's refreshing and I'm learning .. totally different than detecting on land.

• Administrators

Here you go Tim. Sorry I just saw the email this morning. Great looking coin. I hope to someday join the 1700's club...but a pretty tough task being located in the west instead of east. Someday hopefully. Feeling just ok still - thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.

IMG_2997.thumb.jpg.28a8d285eec34cc3377c557cc789e4b7.jpg

IMG_2996.thumb.jpg.fc95aa6a6c1853f37f158e832441f0fa.jpg

spacer.png

Thanks for posting the pics John. I'm real pleased to hear from you, and more so to hear that you are feeling, 'ok'. I don't expect to find another Q A coin, so it's good when a quick 'hit or miss' venture turns up a hit. Take good care my friend.