TheHunterGT Forums

Fisher F19 coil options

vwb563

Hello everyone. I have a Fisher F19 with the white colored 10” stock coil and was wondering if anyone had tried the F19 with the Fisher 11”DD or the Detech Ultimate 13” coil. I’m looking for a gain in depth without losing much separation ability. I’m hunting in local areas where I’m finding wheat pennies around the 8” mark which seems to be about the max depth with my stock coil. I’m afraid I’m missing coins that are below the 8” mark and hoping by switching to a bigger coil I might start get pennies around the 10” to 12” mark. Tia for any replies.

I don't know if you've seen this video ..
.. the air tests show a gain in depth running the all metal mode .. I have not swung that detector, so my comparisons are to the two coils you are asking about on my T2se .. the 13 inch ultimate air tests to a unreal distance .. but this doesn't transfer to actual real time depth in the field .. at least where I'm hunting, there is just to much under the coil .. and guessing that you are hunting similar places as you want to keep the separation .. the 11 inch FT coils is much better at separating, between those two coils .. if it were me looking to buy another coil I would go with the 11 inch, first .. with that said, I'm almost always running a 9x5 on my machine and find it works very well in the depth vs separation and I can't think of a place where I've hunted that the bigger coils gave me that much of an advantage, depth-wise .. the bigger coils do allow for quicker ground coverage

• Administrators

Good answer Scott. IMO the F19 responds to a larger coil a bit better than the T2 does. Everything else is spot on though. You will for sure lose some separation going to the Ult 13 on any platform. The 11DD is the sweet spot between them both.

I have always thought the 5x10 coil ion the t@ and F19/G2+ is the sweet spot for depth and separation. If I could only pick one coil size for all of my detectors - it would be a 5x10.

(Also - poster Facebook messaged me as well - which is why I did not respong here right away)

I go exactly with John. I own a G2+ FT 19kHz 'cousin' to F19, and the BH TRP. Best all-round 'go to' search coil, for me, is the FT 5"x10" white solid elliptical DD.... A Detech 13" Ultimate weds very well, as does the MGC 9"x13" which is an excellent coil, and most definitely my preferred type of large DD by design, and its very robust, yet relatively light-weight, construction.... Both the big coils are exceptional for more open park/ field work. I was recently given a Detech 13" for free!. It's light and very good, but I much prefer my MGC 9"x13".....it 'leads' better and gives me cofidence in that it is built touger... Your F19 is a fantastic tool, and an excellent choice.