1st hunt w/vanquish 340

ScoTTT2

got out for a couple hours .. the lakes and rivers around are flooded so I took the 340 for it's maiden voyage .. hit one of my clad fields but they were all set up for soccer .. so I hit the edges .. and a solid 6 on the 340 .. 4 inches down .. turned up this beautiful 14k white gold amethyst ring with 4 diamonds .. #101 Ltt ..a little better than $3 in clad and a butterfly pendant .. I'm pretty sure with this first hunt the machine would have paid for itself .. my wife fancies this one though, so it will go to the jewelers for a cleaning and tightening.

20210821-204549-2.jpg

WoW! What a brilliant Christening for your 340 Scott! I bet you're delighted with it after that haul. I'd venture to say that your good wife is also extremely happy that you have given herself that lovely finger ring too! Good things come to good human beings; Karma smiles upon those that do good for others without any thought of profit or other gain for themselves. "Saving History", is my 'watch-word'. I have given joy to many people by giving them saved history to keep, treasure, and show to interested family and friends. The farmer that owns 'my' 'Swingdom' as I call it, has gone as far as to buy a large open glass-fronted table top display case. He and his wife both warm water wash and tooth-pick the detritus from the finds that I give them and mount them in the case for people to look at and ask them about. They take pride in those finds, and they have both expanded their knowledge of the histories that surround all the various types of items. I think that is very cool, because they value those items for their respective identities, far more so than the monetary value of them. No big deal, just simple giving not taking.