Sign of new promise coming from FT?

Tim Kernowek 59

Last evening I dropped in on a newish MD'ing channel, totally by chance. The up-loader showed the new 12" FT DD coil that he has been testing for them for some time. Russ from FT featured in one of these more recent videos, in which it was announced that the new 12" DD is going to be available for the 13 kHz and 19 kHz FT machines next month. He went on to say that the concept behind the new coil is based on it being primarily developed and manufactured for the next major FT release ( which seems to indicate their all new single frequency MD )...This gave me the impression that the all new FT Flag-Ship Single Frequency machine may soon be released! Great news if this turns out to be the case! :D Any thoughts anyone??

I saw that video too .. they sure know how to tease a fellow .. I heard somewhere that they are hoping for a December release .. but that is at least second hand info .. and could very well be someone's best guess .. it is to coincide with the public release of the impulse .. just rumors as far as I know .. I won't believe it until I see it .. the guy that did that video, if it is the same one, is a member of this forum .. "RebelDigger"

• Administrators
They were supposed to send me that coil to test like 6-8 months back but never did for whatever reason. I must be honest that with all of the delays on the PulseDive - and "coming soon" talk for the last 2 years - I am starting to lose faith. I literally do not want to see anything new for the old machines - and instead want to seem them go head first into the new machines. I cannot imagine a new coil is going to suddenly renew interest in sales for the 13kHz or 19kHz platforms. I am ready for something that leap frogs the competition and blows me away.

spacer.png

100% agree with that huntergt .. and have been having the same thoughts, as I'm guessing are many .. a 12 inch coil, pretty cool, but I own 4 coils and have a tuff time trying to figure out the niche for a fifth .. will a new coil actually make the T2 even better? .. is that saying I'm missing targets with the 11 inch?, or any of the others .. hard to convince me of that .. I understand not releasing the impulse until it is ready, but there too, it has been suggested for many years .. even some of the guys that tested and love the impulse are wondering .. garrett is already merging the whites tech .. nokta is pushing out tech, kind of setting the standards of release .. I have been reading and watching everything I can find on the Tarsacci .. FT needs to better that detector and the others .. and I believe it needs to be done sooner than later .. they say they can surpass the F75/T2, well let's see it, who is testing this? .. or is it just on paper .. there will be a day in the near future where I up grade from the T2 .. I think I know what that detector needs to be capable of .. and most likely I will not be up grading detectors after that .. I'm at the age where musical detectors isn't a fun sounding game.